Sign in to follow this  
aviationpeter

Cant change Audio Output device in FMC

Good morning,

First off, thank you for this beautiful aircraft! My most favourite aircraft in flightsimulation by now :)

Now, i have the following problem.

I am using a rather "complex" audio setup, i have a dedicated soundcard at which i connected my headphones.

Then i use speakers which i connected to the onboard sound of my mainboard. (realtech audio something ... )

In P3D and your older aircrafts (777 and NGX) i can perfectly switch between these audio output devices, but in the 747 the following happens

If i try to switch the device in the fmc, my P3D crashes and after that when i launch it again, the 747 wont initialize the VC

(i think that is because it cant solve the path/string/whatever of the new selected audio device)

Only solution was to close the flightsim, manually edit the PMDG747 Options file (texteditor) to what it was before and use my headphones as the output device (which severely hurts my brain after 10 hours of flight :D The sounds are great but i dont want to hear that roaring of the engines 10 hours straight via headphones :P)

It worked great on the NGX and 777, i would appreciate if you take a look at this. Maybe you can resolve that issue for an upcoming service pack :)

Steps to reproduce it (on my pc at least): Go to fmc pmdg options -->sounds -->output device then select another device, press execute button

Then it freezes, manual reset of the pmdg options file needed

With kind regards,

Peter Schneller

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Steps to reproduce it (on my pc at least): Go to fmc pmdg options -->sounds -->output device then select another device, press execute button

Then it freezes, manual reset of the pmdg options file needed

Already reported and passed on to the team for review.

For what it's worth: if you have specific usability issues, it would be most helpful to go directly to the official support queue so that it's guaranteed to be seen. While most of the team is in here answering posts since it's right after release, this is technically for user-to-user support.

Thanks for reporting, all the same!