Sign in to follow this  
FredrikBeast

Dirty Displays

Hi, 

I just have some questions regarding dirty displays in the 747. I bought the queen yesterday and I have already tried 5-6 variants with different liveries. For some reason, all the aircraft I have tried have been very "clean" inside, without any fingermarks on the ND and PFD. Is there an option to turn on "dirty" displays or is it built into the specific model and livery? I even tried an old 1990 model, but it was in pristine condition. Am I missing something, or was it just random that I chose the "clean" aircraft. 

Thanks everyone. 

Andreas,

There's only one configuration as far as the cockpit cleanliness - we can't make everyone happy. A lot of people complained that the NGX was too dirty and a lot of people complained the 777 was too clean. The 744 is somewhere in between and that'll have to be good enough. There are randomized elements like the presence of delamination on the windscreen glass panels.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Andreas,

There's only one configuration as far as the cockpit cleanliness - we can't make everyone happy. A lot of people complained that the NGX was too dirty and a lot of people complained the 777 was too clean. The 744 is somewhere in between and that'll have to be good enough. There are randomized elements like the presence of delamination on the windscreen glass panels.

Please don't take me wrong. This was not a complaint in any way. I have watched video on Youtube etc. and they all seem to have very dirty displays with fingermarks all over. I can't seem to have this. I think there is a perfect balance between the NGX and the 777. If it's randomly generated, I guess I need to fly some more. 

The finger prints won't always show up.  It really depends on how the outside/ambient light hits the display.  At some times of day or aircraft headings, depending on where the sun is, you may not see any dirt/finger prints at all.  Also, if you have LCD instead of CRT displays selected, there are far fewer smudges and marks on those.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg