Sign in to follow this  
dave001

xbox controller

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

anyone know how to set up the xbox controller...?

Supposing you have an USB version, plug the Xbox into one of your USB ports, Windows will install the driver, so you don't need to do any other action for installation. Then open FSX/P3D and go to your control assignments and delete all default assignments. Once done that, simply assign the buttons and thumbsticks to the FS actions you like. I'm using it for ChasePlane and it works very nice. All ChasePlane outside cameras are linked to the Xbox buttons and thumbsticks, and all ChasePlane interior cameras to my main joystick.

Cheers, Ed

hi ed,

many thanks for your time, i did read your posting, i actually have a wireless xbox controller...with the plug in sensor, just cannot seem to sync them into each other...!

cheers

hi ed,

many thanks for your time, i did read your posting, i actually have a wireless xbox controller...with the plug in sensor, just cannot seem to sync them into each other...!

cheers

I'll buy one of those soon, as mine is an USB and don't want to be changing it between my two PCs, but in the meantime, have you read over youtube to find an instructional video?. I guess you can find one there.

Good luck. Ed