Sign in to follow this  

**Are you a member of a phpBB Forum? URGENT**

Are you a member of a phpBB Forum? If so, check the version number, they are using at the bottom of their forum pages.If they do not have at least Version 2.0.11From phpBBhttp://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=244451"This is a reminder to all users to upgrade as soon as possible to 2.0.11. Remember, the issue leading to this release was extremely serious. It gave rise to the possibility for persons to "install" scripts, delete files and otherwise access your system. If you have upgraded, be sure to check your account/system for suspicious files, etc. If you have any concerns please raise them in the support forum here at phpbb.com."***************I would advise you to let your forums know about this update, as phpBB considers it CRITICAL. I also reccomend if you run this program as a website owner that you backup your database which is pretty easy to do. Log Into your Administration Panel, and under General Admin, choose Backup Databse. *************************************Please Note, Avsim does not use phpBB,so we are not affected here.*************************************Details here:http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=244451This is posted in the spirit of doing the right thing by notifying those that I know use this program.Help spread the word if you can. Regards,Joe

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

not again...There's something like this with phpbb seemingly every few weeks... Then again there's something like this with php every few weeks so maybe there's really no blaming phpbb all that much.Just one more reason to use a professional solution (like JSP) and dump php if you're using it now.