Sign in to follow this  
guillem

FS crash to desktop when contacting ground

Hello everyone,I have a strange problem with FS2004. Everytime when I do VFR flight from small uncontroled airport (nontowered) to towered airport, FS freezes after I clear of the runway and get instructions from tower to contact ground. Shortly after freezing FS crashes to desktop and I get Windows notice about error caused by ATC.dll module. Here is the example: Flight from Arlington KAWO to Renton KRNTAfter takeoff I contact departure and ask flight follow...Some 8 nm from Renton airport I cancel flight follow and contact Renton tower...blah blah...Renton tower: Cleared for landing...And I land normally...After clearing off the runway Renton tower: contact ground on...AND FREEZE...CRASH TO DESKTOP.This does not happen when I fly IFR, but it happens no mater what aircraft I fly and as long as I choose to fly from nontowered airport to towered airport.I just switched from FU3 to FS and I don't know much about it. I know that there are many addons available but I would really like to test it for a while without any addons. Hope that someone could help me with this problem...Best wishes...DubravkoP.S. I think that this problem is not computer issue!!

I have the same problem since several months ago and I couldn't find the fix yet. The only difference is I have not a CTD but a black screen and error message window. Is your destination airport or surrounding area standard scenery, or addon? I think this problem could be scenery or AFCAD, or maybe voice pack files related.CheersGuille

"Is your destination airport or surrounding area standard scenery, or addon?""...or maybe voice pack files related."No, I do not use any addon airports or scenery. Also I do not use any addon voice packs, although I get error report with ATC.dll involved!!! I'm new to FS community and I'm still looking for some addons. It is really hard to make decision when buying addons because there is so much of them available and it's hard to pick something out...I can't have all of them! So far I tried some new aircrafts but that's it.Funny thing that I found out...this problem seems to appear only if I load previously saved flight. If I create new flight from untowered airport to towered airport I don't get CTD or error report and everything works just fine!!!Since I usually fly GA I created my own system of flying...I don't create new flight everytime but always load previously saved flight and then I create new flight plan and continue where I stopped last time! As I already wrote everything works fine this way but if I previously landed to nontowered airpot and then choose to fly to towered airport I get CTD after landing and just before contacting ground.Best regards...Dubravko

Guest DawgPaw

I have the same problem. Mine crashes to a black screen then the error message appears after some delay. Through trial and error, I have found a way to at least minimize the problem. When asked by ATC to contact ground, I ignore the message. When asked to respond, I ask ATC to say again. When ATC says again, I then contact ground. I don't have a clue why this works, but most (not always) of the time it prevents the problem from occuring.

>Funny thing that I found out...this problem seems to appear>only if I load previously saved flight. >If I create new flight from untowered airport to towered>airport I don't get CTD or error report and everything works>just fine!!!>>Since I usually fly GA I created my own system of flying...I>don't create new flight everytime but always load previously>saved flight and then I create new flight plan and continue>where I stopped last time! As I already wrote everything works>fine this way but if I previously landed to nontowered airpot>and then choose to fly to towered airport I get CTD after>landing and just before contacting ground.>Well, you found the fix, or to be more exact the way to avoid the problem. Like you, I always started my flights from the previous arrival in a saved flight. But now I always create a new flight. It's a pity to loose this feature of FS but finally I can complete my flights from gate/parking to gate/parking without that frustrating crash. It is very important for me because I always use the great addon FsPassengers, and the flights must end at a gate/parking to evaluate and log them.A lot of thanks and best regardsGuille

Dubravko,Have you installed the FS9 patch from Microsoft? You can get it here...http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=enThat might help.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Yes I have installed patch but it no improvements!As someone already wrote I think that this is somekind of bug with "load saved flight option".I've also found out that crash won't happen if I save flight just before contacting ground and exit to main menu screen. After that I can load saved flight and continue with contacting ground and taxing to parking spot or gate without CTD. This is the best solution that I found out so far.RegardsDubravko

Hi Dubravko,It sounds like your best solution is to create a new flight each time. I know it's a pain but if it gets around the problem then it's a small price to pay.You could also search the forum for "ATC.DLL" as this topic will have been discussed several thousand times before.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather