Sign in to follow this  
OleSteel

Fatal Error P3D - Just bought 737NGX

Hi all,

I just bought and downloaded PMDG 737 NGX for P3D and after installing it I can't even start P3D any more - I just get a "Fatal Error".

I tried to reboot - no change.

Then uninstall and reboot again - no change - I can still not start P3D even after I removed the product.

Then I reinstalled it and of course same problem still.

Everything was working perfectly before installing this product and the only other plane I had added to my P3D was the Aerosoft A320-bundle of planes and they worked very nicely.

I'm on Windows 10 64-bit and P3D v. 3.4.

Ole Dantoft

Copenhagen

Right by EKCH.

This is a PMDG forum..., problems  with P3D are discussed in the P3D forum here at AVSIM.  Here is a quote from the LM P3D web site FAQ:

Prepar3D does not start, instantly shuts down, or does not perform as expected. What is wrong?

Ensure the proper graphics card is set to run Prepar3D. If an onboard video card (Intel HD) is told to run Prepar3D, these issues will likely occur. To correct, use the appropriate video card software to configure the graphic card’s control of Prepar3D. For NVIDIA graphics cards, open the NVIDIA Control Panel, select Manage 3D settings, and set the Preferred graphics processor to High-performance NVIDIA processor. You can also set Prepar3D.exe’s preferred graphics processor directly under the Program Settings tab under Manage 3D settings.

Often you might need to delete the following generated folders/files to have Prepar3D respect your changes. This will result in any add-ons being removed/disabled.

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
    %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

Verify the fix was successful by opening Prepar3D and selecting Options, Settings, and under Full Screen Settings you should see the correct graphics card listed under Display.

Dan Downs KCRP

With all due respect:

Prepar3d was running fine before I installed this product, so to me it is definitely a PMDG issue.

Ole

Full names in the PMDG forums please Ole.  Well, there's tens of thousands of customers that don't experience this problem, and I actually  went the extra step of going to the LM site and spoon feeding you the solution.  You're welcome.

Dan Downs KCRP

I bought a box B737 ngx a few years ago for FSX. I chanced to prepar3D and it works on prepar3D v.2.5 very good. Will it work on prepar3D v. 3.4?

So full name in the Original Post isn't good enough?  You not allowed to shorten to first name on follow-up posts?

-Johnathon Batholomew Doe III