Sign in to follow this  
ju_karl

Cannot Activate Nevada Megascenery Earth V3

Hi,

one week ago I placed a 227.71 $ order (#196218) at the usa pcaviator site. The serial key  provided for the nevada megascenery earth V3 (the rest of serials worked) was invalid. I have send 2 messages (find below the twoo messages) requesting support to solve this problem without any response. Has anyone an idea how to contact this company?

Help will be appreciated.

First message

Dear Sirs,

Please, find below the message I've send via the "contact us" option at your site to the support team on Monday.

I am a regular customer and intend  to buy other products from you company, but I am very diappointed with the customer service. A prompt answer will be apreciated.

best regards.

Second messsage:

When I try to activate the Nevada Megasceneryearth V3 scenery (Order number #196218), the installation Manager shows a messagebox with the text "Could not activate. Please check you data".

I did not have had any problems activating the rest of the megasceneryearth products of the above mentioned order (with the copy & paste method) so the serial number must be invalid. Please solve this problem.

Best regards.

This is a user-to-user forum for photoscenery so your chances of getting a response from the developer is slim but it has happened.

I have never had any problems getting a response for support except that it has not always been immediate.  But I do eventually get a response.  The issuance of serial numbers is automated when you purchase your product and the correct serial number was sent to you. 

What did you do when it said "please check your data"?

Did you send the help message to megasceneryearth at pcaviator.com with the subject [Please Help]?

Did you go to Step 3 of the License verification form and copy the activation token to your clipboard, then go to Step 4 and go to their licensing service at the link provided, and then go to Step 5, in the offine activation section enter or paste the activation token in the activation token field, and then go to Step 6 and check your email for a message containing the activation code and then, lastly, copy the new activation code to your clipboard and paste it into the activation code field at the bottom of the License Verification form and then click okay?  See the form below:

License.png

To get to the License Verification Form, you double click on the first file in the MegaSceneryEarth Nevada V3 .exe and it will come up with the License Verification Form.  As you know, the license is verified when the installation of the first file of any MegaSceneryEarth product begins.

Since I own 90% of all of the MegaSceneryEarth stuff, I have found that if you have problems installing your scenery and you send a request for help to MegaSceneryEarth, they will NOT respond if the answer is already known if you read the installation guides or information on their website.  I recall I accidently bought the same product twice as I forgot I had already purchased it some time ago. But there was a sale and I purchased several different products.  After I learned my mistake, I sent an e-mail to them asking for a refund.  I got no reply so I did some research on their site and saw that, if you purchase the product twice, there will be no refunds.  So they did not respond back to tell me, "if you purchased the product twice, there are no refunds".  The information had already been provided to the customer!

Now I hate reading manuals too but, if I run into an issue, I start reading the manuals and information they provide on their website.

I have had several instances where I have received replies to problems encountered with photoscenery.  There was one time where a required scenery file was missing in the download.  There was a time when all of the scenery files were installed but, when I went to my simulator to view the files, a whole strip of scenery was missing.  MegaSceneryEarth fixed the problem immediately and sent me an e-mail to confirm my observations were correct and they were posting new files.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I know your post was directed to ju_karl but believe he followed the directions in my post above.  Usually, if a member gets the problem fixed, he does not come back and tell us how he did it.  In addition to my comments above, you can go to the megascenery website - https://www.megasceneryearth.com/, register or logon and scroll to your order and you will see the license number.  The license has to be tied with your e-mail address.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Mr. Young I have also tried steps 3 - 7 but I never get the email. I bought mega scenery through their website and got the license key upon ordering. I even changed my email associated with the account to see if I would then be able to retrieve the email but still no luck at all. I have read the manual several times making sure I wasn’t missing any important detail but still no luck. It doesn’t matter always with the license key put in correctly I still get the same “could not activate. Check your data.”  If I try steps 3-7 I never retrieve any email

On the link I sent you, when you sign into your account, next to the license is a link to send them an email if you are having issues.  I've never tried that but the e-mail will contain your order number so they can quickly look it up.  Also at the link I provided, under Store Help>About, you will see an e-mail link for technical support and customer service.  There are several telephone numbers too.  Also under Store Help there is a link entitled Contact Us with a form you fill out.  I really do not know what else they can do to help you. Also, there is a link to licensing - https://www.megasceneryearth.com/licensing/ - which you might be able to use. I remember when I could not find my license during installation, below the area where you enter the activation license there is the ability to complete and receive an activation token that you copy and paste into the link I just provided.  It will provide a new license which you use for installation.

Submit News to AVSIM