Sign in to follow this  
philbrown

Not getting a minimums call

I've made a few flights with the 747, but I only got a minimums call (the BA 50 Above and Decide calls) on the first flight. Since then, I have not had any aural calls. After each flight, I save the situation, and then re-load that situation for the next flight.

The PFD behaves as expected as you go through minimums, but no aural call.

I've just loaded from fresh a new flight to give it a quick test - slewed the aircraft out a bit, and got the audio for minimums .

I then slewed it back out again to try a second time, and this time I didn't get a call.

Is there some logic at play that prevents an aural minimums call under certain circumstances? Perhaps something to do with saved flight situations? And if so, is there any way around it?

-Phil Brown

• Upvote 1

Are you resetting them after passing them, or are you just leaving the numbers up flight after flight?

Kyle Rodgers

Today's flight, before I started the engines, I pressed the reset button then set the value low enough for it to disappear from the PFD.

On the test flight I made after that flight, I entered the value, and the minimums call was OK. I then slewed the aircraft back to final to make another landing, left the minimums as they were, and didn't get a call out.

Sorry Kyle, forgot to mention that on my main flight today where I reset and cleared the minimums, was one where i didn't get a minimums call out.

I've done some more testing on this.

Launched a brand new flight from the scenario menu (not using any saved flight), did a departure, circuit, then approach. As I approached, I got the aural minimums call. Then initiated a go-around. Went round the circuit again, and as I came in for my second approach, no aural minimums call.

So I started testing the various options for approaching minimums and minimums calls. When they are set to "Approaching Minimums" and "Minimums" (the default for most aircraft I guess), it works fine every time. I can slew a mile back on the approach, and you get the call every time you approach minimums, and you can do this repeatedly.

But there are a number of configurations where I do not get the aural call. One of these configurations is the BA "50 Above" and "Decide" (which is what I am using).

From my testing, when the minimums call is set to "Minimums", it works OK. But if you have it set to anything else ("Decision Height", "Minimums Minimums" or "Decide"), there is a good chance you won't hear it.

I can only conclude that there may be something wrong with my installation (but if so, why does the combo of "Approaching Minimums" and "Minimums" work OK?), or there is some faulty logic with regard to some, but not all, of the minimums calls.

If anyone gets a repeatable scenario where you know that it's not working properly, you know where to go.

Kyle Rodgers