Sign in to follow this  
heavymetalaviator

Mouse Pointer Freeze

Hey everyone.  Strange thing going on with the Queen.  When I start switching around with my views in EZDOK all of a sudden my mouse pointer stops switching to the little click hand and I can't click on anything in the virtual cockpit.  Its just the mouse pointer, thats it.  Any ideas?  I'm thinking EZDOK has something to do with this.  Any help would be really appreciated.  This thing was 100 bucks!

Thank

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Welcome to the forum. EZDok issue. I'd consult them.

Full names are required here in the forum - first and last.

Make sure your head isn't "stuck" in the headrest. Has happened to me many times and is due to a couple things: 1. FSX stupid head movement feature which is exacerbated by the 747 because it's so long. 2. (conjecture) Something about the geometry of the flight deck. The headrests seem to be closer to the main panel in the 747. I never have this problem in the 777. I use 0.9 zoom exclusively in all addons and the 74 is the only one I seem to have this happen. I'm sure the modeling by PMDG is spot on, but I swear the seat is closer in the 74.

My fix is to modify all installed liveries for the 744 to turn off the captain headrest. It isn't realistic for most airlines, but has corrected my issue.

EDIT: I use EZDOK too. So I know exactly what you're experiencing. Oh, and how I fix it when it does happen, simply move your view forward a little ("UP" arrow key in my setup), then hit the "Edit" button twice (NumPad 2 is the default) to save it. I have to do this many times per flight, to be honest (although removing the headrest is pretty much the permanent fix for me).