Sign in to follow this  
Demious

Joystick controllers not working

Im setting up controls for the PMDG 737ngx and I cant get my joystick controllers to work in LINDA 2.9.2

The CH throttle  and Saitek controllers' (yoke, 2x radio, multi and switch panel) signals are received by LINDA, the controller number is selected, on the corresponding device page, but when I add a function, there no repsons in the VC.

My VRi T&T panel (USB pad), is in the controllers list in LINDA setup, but when I push a button, LINDA doesnt recognise any signal, the controller's page and number are not displayed.

My MCP does work, though, so the connections from controller output, to LINDA, to FSUIPC, to P3D should be there...

Any advise on how to fix this?

Using: LINDA 2.9.2, FSUIPC 4962, P3D 3.4.18, Win10.

Cheers!

Maarten

I am delighted you have the Vri Combo working.

For the Saitek Panels you need to go to the Setup LINDA page and unrivaled the Saitek Panels checkbox. Then restart LINDA. You may also need to operate the switches for them to be recognised. I assume you have used the Saitek template documented in the release notes.

I have no experience with the Vri T&T panel. Only if it behaves like a joystick device will it work with LINDA. Does the flight sim controls or FSUIPC4 recognise it. If it is similar to the VRi Combo panels it may send serial data over the USB and LINDA is not able to read this data.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

I think I found the problem. When I first start LINDA and then P3D, on the LINDA settings page, under FSX/FSUIPC Config, it says:'Flt sim or FSUIPC not running', in red and then non of the joystick functions work. When I first start P3D and then I start LINDA, I dont get that notification under FSX/FSUIPC Config and everything seems to be fine.

Yesterday I used LINDA 2.9.2 and FSUIPC 4.962 and when I started LINDA with P3D already running, P3D shut down. I updated to LINDA 2.9.2v2 and FSUIPC 4.962a and now I can start LINDA with P3D already running.

For the T&T panel I did find a second problem, it doesnt always connect when Windows starts up and I have to disconnect and reconnect to activate it.

T&T is the most basic form of controllers, simple basic buttons and switches with a controller number.

About the info about Saitek in the release notes, I'm not sure what to do with that.

"The standard assignments appear in the Annex and in the FSX Default aircraft folder (/fsx/linda/ aircrafts/default FSX) in file config-saitek.lua.  The Saitek configurations should be copied (using cut and paste) into the Default FSX config-hid.lau file."

In the specified folder ( I asume that shold be P3D/Modules/linda/aircraft/FSX default?) I dont find the mentioned files (config-saitek.lua and config-hid.lau file). I'm not using default FSX assignments, at the moment, so maybe it's not relevant for my setup, but is there something wrong, because those files arent there?

I checked the whole modules folder for those files, throught the search box in the upper right corner of the folder window, but nothing comes up.

Cheers!

Maarten

Yesterday I used LINDA 2.9.2 and FSUIPC 4.962 and when I started LINDA with P3D already running, P3D shut down. I updated to LINDA 2.9.2v2 and FSUIPC 4.962a and now I can start LINDA with P3D already running.

In testing the latest release we discovered a fault in FSUIPC4 that caused P3D to crash. FSUIPC4 4.962a was released to overcome this problem and is why the LINDA 2.9.2 download has a statement to install this version of FSUIPC4.

For the T&T panel I did find a second problem, it doesnt always connect when Windows starts up and I have to disconnect and reconnect to activate it. T&T is the most basic form of controllers, simple basic buttons and switches with a controller number.

Thank you for confirming that T&T is like other Joystick-type HID devices.

"The standard assignments appear in the Annex and in the FSX Default aircraft folder (/fsx/linda/ aircrafts/default FSX) in file config-saitek.lua.  The Saitek configurations should be copied (using cut and paste) into the Default FSX config-hid.lau file."

There is a double typo. The config-saitek.lua is located in /linda-cfg/aircrafts/fsx default folder. Sorry.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew