Sign in to follow this  
uscgjoker

Help Needed!

Good Morning,

Not sure if this is the right spot to post this, but it is X-Plane related. I am having an issue in XP11 with add-on aircraft were I can preflight but shortly after taking off I get a blue screen with a Hardware failure. When I scanned the QR code, it didnt really key in on what hardware failed. Currently this is happening with the FF 757v2, Carenado C-206, and JRollon CRJ. I do not have any issues with the default aircraft, nor did I have any issues when I ran a flight on Prepared using the PMDG 777. 

I am not sure if this matters but XP11 is installed on my C drive and not in my Programs (86x) folder. Below are my computer specs, I am not very computer savvy so I will do my best to answer any follow on questions possible.

GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UDA3 Mother Board

AMD FX-4100 Quad-Core 3.6GHz processor

XFX Radeon HD 6870 DirectX 11 2GB graphics card

8GB DD3 Ram 1600

Running Windows 10

I probably should have done reinstall before asking this question, but I figured I would toss the question out incase it could be something simple.

Thank you all for your help!

Joe

It really shouldn't matter where you have installed X-Plane, it's not the same as most Windows programs in that you can move it round wherever you like and it will still work (You don't actually install or deinstall it).

Check the log.txt file inside your X-Plane 11 folder, it might say something that could give you a clue. 

One thing I can say is that ATI cards in X-Plane aren't the greatest and you could just be a victim of that. P3D uses DirectX whereas X-Plane uses OpenGL (and DirectX is better supported I have no doubt). One obvious thing to check is that you are running the latest drivers for your card. Either way, since XP11 is a beta, you should report this bug immediately to Laminar Research http://dev.x-plane.com/support/bugreport.html. They will be interested in whatever information you can provide and hopefully will find a fix in a future beta.

Also, your 2GB or video ram might actually be quite limiting for XP11, it's at least on the low end. I have two computers, one has 2GB of video RAM and it runs XP11, but really not very well.

Thank you for all of your help Tony, I will take a look at the log when I get home tomorrow!  I am hoping it could just be the graphic card, as I have seen some tearing in the scenery with these pay ware aircraft.

Joe