Sign in to follow this  
Sean Landrum

P3D won't start now.

This might be the most frustrated I've ever been in the sim world. I had chase plane, absolutely amazing product! But I could never get my static views to work. So, I followed a checklist by someone in the forums, and that list consisted of deleting the cameras.cfg file from the appdata/prepar3dv3 file and then loading it again to build a new .cfg file, then re-loading chase plane. After that, P3D wouldn't even boot! Crash to desktop every single time. So i thought maybe if I uninstall chase plane, it'll go away. Well there isn't even an option to uninstall chase plane from the control panel. I had to manually find the file in windows explorer and uninstall it that way. But it still won't boot, and even though I "uninstalled" chase plane, it still boots up with p3d right before it crashes?? I've even done a clean P3D install and it STILL crashes on startup. Is there any thing else I can do OTHER than wiping my hard drives clean and doing a fresh windows install? I'm infuriated that a simple camera program has caused such a headache. 

Hi,

I doubt ChasePlane is causing this issue directly. To uninstall ChasePlane, you have to go where you installed it first, in VFXCentral.

As stated in another thread you commented in: 
Have you tried renaming the Prepar3D v3 folder in %appdata%\Lockheed Martin so P3D can regenerate it?

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

@Keven

I just sent two emails to you via your web site tech support. I am having exactly the same issue as Sean was. I have not gone as far as reinstalling P3D. After using VFXCentral to uninstall ChasePlane it remained on my PC; entries in exe.dll were not removed; install directory was not removed; cameras.cfg has ChasePlane entries?! What exactly did VFXCentral uninstall? Seems nothing but it says ChasePlane was uninstalled and option to install is available.. I did reboot the computer. 

After removing entries in exe.dll P3D still crashes.

I highly doubt this is a P3D issue. How do we fix this please?