How many PC consoles (not Laptops) still have PS/2 keyboard support?

I noticed that current Tower PCs still have the PS/2 connections and wondered how common this was?

Do you have PS/2 ports on your PC?

Do you use them?

The reason that I ask is that I did not want to go down the buy such-and-such interface then have to install/learn the software and/or buy loads of (expensive) kit so I thought to make my own input device which works rather well, though I say it myself. I would like to know if this is a viable option for others that are wary of meddling but would like a plug-and-play device?

Clear skies, all!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Have them, don't use them.

Reason why still around: they are legacy connectors that are still being used, take not much space as they are usually combo for keyboard/mouse, and they don't need power to work (for instance computer power-on by keyboard is possible, not so with USB, and also if installing an OS which doesn't have USB support by default for your motherboard, PS/2 will usually work as it is driverless basically - well not really driverless, but rather need generic drivers, that is more spread in other non-windows operating systems).

Thanks Simon, exactly what I thought and looking for confirmation.....

it makes me wonder what the other 52 viewers were expecting on a post "PS/2 Poll" and did not bother to leave their remarks. Not at all helpful. :(