Sign in to follow this  
ahuimanu

Periodic 0ft RA at cruise altitude

I am working with the PC12 V2 and notice something odd that I experience in the Phenom 100 as well.  At cruise altitude, I will occasionally get 0ft on the Radio Altimeter.  In the Phenom 100, it causes and annoying alarm.  In the PC12, it causes the barber pole to suddenly jump up.  What do you suppose it is?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Most RA read distance about ground at 2,500ft or below, by chance when you are in cruise do you fly over mountains that could potentially be 2,500ft or less under your aircraft, if so the RA is probably warning you that the terrain is 2,500ft or less below your aircraft. That would be my guess?

Cheers

Martin

Thanks for the reply.  No, I've seen this in the Phenom 100 as well.  I spent considerable time this week reinstalling Win 10, P3D, etc.  I am narrowing this issue down to ORBX OpenLC (Mostly likely NA).  Something about moving over this terrain makes the RA go straight to 0 periodically and sporadically.

For VAS' sake, I stopped using Vector, but I am wondering if OpenLC is somewhat crippled without Vector.

This issue is show stopping with the 100 (an alarm goes off everytime the 0 RA thing happens), but I can fly in the PC12.

I am hoping for some solution, but I literally have only GLOBAL Base and the Open LCs installed (in addition to aircraft).

Did you try unclicking Open NA LC in your scenery menu and see if you still get it then. You can always go to your sound files and ID the one for the RA and rename it?

Good luck!

Martin

Hi Martin,

Yes, turning Open LC NA (same for Open LC EU) makes it stop.  What a bummer as I don't get this in other (non Carenado) aircraft.

Thanks.