Sign in to follow this  
niokilt

Modules?

Hi,

I have downloaded the latest version Of linda, and I really don't understand, after installed it, on the Linda main menu all aircrafts disappeared. So I went  back to the installation file and noticed that the only module was the default FSX. so where are all the others? why in the installation files there are no aircraft modules except the defeault fsx? thank you for your answer.

Nic

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi niokilt

The main LINDA 2.9.3 install only contains the FSX Default aircraft folder. This is because it is impossible for me to know what aircraft you have installed and to include all published aircraft modules would add files that many do not need and could 'damage' any changes user may have made. The standard installation does not overwrite or delete any of your existing aircraft modules.

Did you make a back up of your LINDA folders (/linda and /linda-cfg)? If so, just copy back the /linda/aircrafts/ and /linda-cfg/aircrafts folders.

Hello scot, actually I had some issues when installing this version, an error message was appearing forcing me to shutdown everything. So i reinstalled the old version containing all the previous modules, this version is working fine. I did not have the time to check on the furum to fix my problem. At the moment I use LINDA mainly for the NGX, it is such an easy and nice tool!! but what can I do if want to add a module, for example the new PMDG 747 v3? Because I know that there is one in beta but I don't find it. Thank you

Hi niokilt

There is a new PDMG 747 Queen of the Skies 2 module which you can download from the LINDA Download sub-forum. All modules are formatted to be drag and dropped into the Flt Sim /modules folder. Just select the download and unzip the module. Then select the /linda and /linda-cfg folders and drag in your Flt Sim folder. The say yes to copy all files. Restart your Flt Sim and LINDA.