Sign in to follow this  
PebbleBeach

TEXTURE Guru's Please Help

FS2004 / FS9 Help Needed

Hello all,

I am attempting to produce night textures (free ware and for home use) that are much more realistic to what you see in real life. I fly in real life at night a lot and none of the simulators, i.e. FS9, FSX, P3D,  (in my opinion) provide realistic night environments. While many are good, none reproduce the visual atmosphere that (I) see in real life. I understand there are coding restrictions in FS9 that limit things to developers. And I realize using generic textures provide limitations as well. I am ok with all of this.

Why FS9 you ask. Fair enough. Our home simulator is based on an airliner and we operate (5) visuals display windows which would be way to taxiing for other platforms such as FSX. Fluidity is what we are after and honestly we've achieved it. 

HERE IS MY PROBLEM:

From my experience, three colors dominate any others at night: White, Yellow-gold, and orange (sodium).

The textures that I have developed, and, payware which is even worse, always give off a reddish glow in the distance. I have provided an example for you to see EXAMPLE  You can clearly see the reddish appearance of distant textures. Oddly enough, these are 046b's which are "Small City Urban" textures. The entire background of all my 046b's are colored jet black (RGB 0 in all three colors ranges). Additionally, most of the colors on the texture are white & yellow dots only. Maybe a red pixel here or there but mainly white & yellow. However, you can clearly see the 046b's displaying up close (Circled in white) AND the exact same 046b's in the distance (Circled in red). Notice the difference. The distant ones glow red. Why? How? Where in the hell is this red color coming from? 

I have edited the textures shrinking them to 16 bit color and have removed any red traces. Does not help whatsoever.

If anyone can provide me help and direction I would certainly appreciate it. Jim Robinson was helpful in providing me editing tools. Thank you Jim.

Hi Jim,

You may reach a wider developer audience if you posted your question at FSDevelper.com

http://fsdeveloper.com/forum/

Good luck.

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/