Sign in to follow this  

I am looking at replacing my old Dell 24" monitor after many years, for a 27" of some type and description. Looking at the many many types and pedigrees out there, I need to get down to must haves and nice to have qualities etc.

At present, I use FSX. One day if P3D get their act together and their "64 bit" version comes out, I will take the plunge and swap over AND upgrade my FS machine to a new video card and see if to keep or replace my old 2600K intel...Anyway that is another story in another thread...

So, does a FSX/P3D 27" screen need to be designed for gaming, less than 2ms lag etc, Is the 60Hz ok, What is the best cable connector for it. Are screens like Viewsonic vx2776-SMHD ok or the vx 2757, or Asus vp278H any good and suitable? Is 1920 x 1080 resolution ok? Here in Australia, these screens cost about $AUD270-$300. I do not have the room for a B I G screen, as going on my office desk.  Anyway, you get the idea. Looking at the zillions of ads for monitors sort of bewilders an old sod like me.

Geoff Bryce