Sign in to follow this  
mit

P3D CTD due to scenery.cfg

Hi everyone on AVSIM, i basically have a CTD very time. It's been two days I m trying, as in real life I started from Delhi Airport VIDP to Paro VQPR via VNKT Kathmandu, after my last leg to VQPR while approaching MECHI waypoint, CTD occurs with no errors reported like p3d never existed on this computer. I have referred to AVSIM CTD guide  and it helped me very well, I figured out that fresh scenery.cfg doesn't cause the crash. However, upon installing FTX global vector with FSDG Paro the crash occurs. It is worth mentioning that if FSDG Paro is removed it doesn't cause CTD. In simple words, when FSX default Paro is installed no CTD, when FSDG Paro installed along with AEC by FtX vector CTD occurs. I have tried reinstalling every thing and came to the conclusion that AEC might be causing the crash. Pl suggest to fix the CTD. Thanks in advance.

• Upvote 1

You did a very good job investigating the scene of the crime.  It sounds like FSDG Paro is conflicting with FTX Global Vector.  In this case, I would recommend you go to the FTX Forums and check their compatibility forum as others may have reported this issue and have found a solution.  There are many products that are not compatible with FTX Global and/or FTX/Orbx scenery.  You might check the FSDG forums too to see if others have had this issue.

You might also check the Airport Scanner utility by ScruffyDuck - http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795 . There may be another copy of the airport loading.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

2 hours ago, Jim Young said:

You did a very good job investigating the scene of the crime.  It sounds like FSDG Paro is conflicting with FTX Global Vector.  In this case, I would recommend you go to the FTX Forums and check their compatibility forum as others may have reported this issue and have found a solution.  There are many products that are not compatible with FTX Global and/or FTX/Orbx scenery.  You might check the FSDG forums too to see if others have had this issue.

You might also check the Airport Scanner utility by ScruffyDuck - http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795 . There may be another copy of the airport loading.

Best regards,

Jim

Thanks Jim for your appreciation.

I have completely uninstalled FSDG Paro and still the error is reported around MECHI waypoint. A very interesting thing is that when I approach FSDG Paro from another airport and not through MECHI, the issue is solved and hence the only solution. Also i have performed nearly 5 complete flights with no single freeze, error only around MECHI. Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Mit

As stated in the AVSIM CTD Guide, I ran into a situation where FSX would freeze exactly at the same location.  It turned out to be MyTrafficX as I disabled it and the freezes stopped.  I was told it was probably a flight plan for an AI that did not exist so the program was searching for the plan and the AI and could not find it.  I got the suggestion to check MyTrafficX as I had set up Process Monitor as shown in the AVSIM CTD Guide to just show what is happening in FSX.  When I got to that point in my flightplan where it would freeze, I immediately wrote down the system time and saved the Process Monitor log.  I then went to the time of the incident in the log and saw only MyTrafficX was loading items at the time of the crash.  The Process Monitor will not necessarily show you exactly what's happening at the time of the freeze/crash but it will show you what was loading and it will further your investigation.

I liked investigating using the Process Monitor as it showed me some other interesting facts.  For instance, I had all scenery between Chicago and St Louis loaded and no Autogen.  The process monitor (which I monitored on my other monitor during the flight), showed Autogen loading in California and the Pacific Northwest.  I was not in those areas or even near those areas.  I then discovered everything in the Scenery/World/Scenery loads whether you need it or not taking up valuable resources.  Most of the items were from FTX files (.bgl's).  They still load files in the scenery/world/scenery but they are almost all elevation adjustments.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10