Sign in to follow this  
Stearman

Unable to change from blank textures?

Hi, sorry if previously discussed, but I just discovered this in FSX Acceleration under Windows 7 Pro:

Once you choose the variant of an aircraft with blank textures (i.e. the variant whose texture folder is named ""), then you can't choose another variant for the same aircraft unless you restart FSX.

To be more precise, you CAN actually choose a different variant, but it will keep showing the blank textures, both in the preview window and inside the simulation.

Any cure for that?

Thanks in advance & best regards.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Are you describing default aircraft, by chance?  I'm wondering if it's the lack of a texture.common and a lack of correct fallbacks in a texture.cfg file that you are describing.

If  I remember, there are several aircraft that do this like the C-172 and the Caravan.  When you say blank texture, are you describing the "white" aircraft?

Big discussion on this topic last year at the other site.  http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?297635-FSX-Opening-the-Default-Aircraft-If-I-choose-the-white-1-can-t-choose-others/page3

9 hours ago, charliearon said:

Are you describing default aircraft, by chance?  I'm wondering if it's the lack of a texture.common and a lack of correct fallbacks in a texture.cfg file that you are describing.

If  I remember, there are several aircraft that do this like the C-172 and the Caravan.  When you say blank texture, are you describing the "white" aircraft?

Yes to all your questions, exactly. :senang:

9 hours ago, charliearon said:

Yeah, I see it was a big discussion, and an oddly harsh one, for that matter!! :ho:

Anyway, it includes all the possible solutions I need. Thanks for pointing it out!! :gaul: