Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Ultimate Traffic -Question

Guest dakotafan

I am thinking about purchasing Ultimate Traffic but have a couple of questions...1. Does it take long to complete the initial setup of UT?2. How are the quality of the AI aircraft? Are the screenshots on the Flight1 website representative of what is included?Any other comments/suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance for the assistance, Dave

Guest jacilore

1- Not much. I don't remember exactly, but not much. I have a rather modern PC, a PENTIUM IV A 3.4 GHZ.2- From what I remember, the quality of the planes was a little disappointing regarding the screenshots, which anyway were not a marvel. If you want real quality you would have to substitute most of them. But I don't know if there are important improvements in the latest update.

I've enjoyed UT for over a year now - both the ease of use and the quality of aircraft.Paul

Hey Dave:I've had Ultimate Traffic for quite a while, and am pleased with it.I used PAI before that and although I liked PAI, I must say I find Ultimate Traffic a little bit nicer. Yes, I would say the pics on the web site are fairly representative of the product. (Remember - I have an older version and I know they have changed quite a few things ) One thing I noted is that there are a lot of airlines in this world and not all of them are represented. Also, some are there but done in Ultimate Traffic's default paint schemes rather than their real world liveries (I seemed to notice a lot of this at every airport - but I didn't notice any in the web site pics). These "default schemes" started to bug me after a while, but then it became a bit of fun actually, as I found AI planes on the net to substitute for them and turned it into a project - now I have very few default liveries. Ultimate Traffic's software makes this fairly easy to do. I think one of the nice things about this program is the amount of stuff you can do with it to customize it to your liking.As I said, it's been a while since I purchased and installed it, but it does not seem to me that the software took overly long to install, and I don't have a super fast computer.All in all I am quite glad I purchased it. Hope this is some help - Roger

Guys, is there any more or less complete package of AI models, that you would recommend to use instaed of UT's or default? I don't really know how it works yet since I only ordered my UT about a week ago, but if there are FPS friendly and nice models I would like to get them ready in a bundle.Thanks.

Guest Ridge_Runner_5

I got UT in September, used PAI before that, and I love UT! It does not take long to set up all the traffic, but if you have AI traffic at 100%, you can expect a significant fps hit. The downside of UT is that each airline comes with 1 scheme per plane out of the box...for most airlines, its not noticible, but when you are at KDEN and you see a dozen Frontier jets parked side by side, and they are all the same animal, it is rather obvious!

Hello there: In response to your question, everthing you need for fairly realistic AI is in Ultimate Traffic, models with textures included. I would recommend you run Ultimate Traffic in Flightsim for a while, get used to its software interface and what AI planes and liveries are there, and then start adding more or different aircraft (models and/or textures) with it. There are numerous repaints available through UT's updater or you can use any other brand of AI aircraft (PAI or ProjectAI etc) The interface makes this process relatively easy. - Roger

Guest bobsk8

UT is looks great and is a snap to install. You will like it..