Sign in to follow this  
sbclark

View switched inadvertantly

https://imageshack.com/i/poRACIRAjHi,

I recently added ChasePlane to P3D v3. It should also be noted I have only setup ChasePlane views inside my cockpit, no external views have been added.

While flying inside my PMDG 747-400 v3 cockpit, I successfully completed a 1+ hour flight from KDEN (Denver) to KLAS (Las Vegas).

However, about 25 minutes into the flight, I experienced an inadvertent switch to an outside view. For a period of a few minutes, I could not get back into a cockpit view. Finally, after a minute or two, my view automatically returned back to the cockpit. There were no further problems after that and I completed the flight at the destination airport.

Please note, I never used the “A” or “S” key, or my Hat switch on the joystick, except when the inadvertent external view appeared. However, I do have TrackIR setup and it works very well on my system……….no attempt by me was made to look outside the cockpit.

Attached is an image I captured when in the external view that looks like a “ghost” of my UPS skin I had on my 747-400 freighter.

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

there is a setting that automatically enters you into cinematic mode if you don't touch the mouse for 20 minutes. i'd guess that is maybe what you saw. you can adjust the length of time, or turn it off completely, by going to preferences->camera tab and adjust the slider there it says by default "auto-enable above FL180 after 20 minutes"

edit- as far as the textures, i'm wondering if it does that because you didn't have any external views setup. it looks like the sim isn't aware that it's switched to an outside view, that texture is a placeholder that pmdg puts on so the shadows from the wings/engines etc still appear correctly when you are in the cockpit. normally in cinematic mode you should see the exterior textures as normal..

cheers,-andy crosby

Hi Andy.

You are correct, I have no ChasePlane views setup for external views.

I've been informed by another friend who is more experienced than I am with ChasePlane, that I should not use the "S" or "A" P3D default keys for external views, but rather, make new external ChasePlane created views, and then re-map the "S" and "A" buttons to use those ChasePlane views?

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

i'm not sure of what the exact best method is, but i created all my external views in chaseplane too,... i actually map them to custom hotkeys on my number pad so i can't say exactly how it interacts with the default S+A key views. but i think what you are describing should work. you might have to clear the S+A hotkey from the controls settings in p3d so that it doesn't conflict with the setting in chaseplane if you decide to try that.. 

it may actually be a bug that it didn't switch the texture correctly, i don't know if cinematic mode is supposed to require any defined external views.. maybe keven M. will weigh in on that next time he does a pass through the threads in here (it's usually pretty often like every day or so.)

cheers,-andy crosby