Sign in to follow this  
allergiecheck

Different ATIS letter codes in AS16 and internal ATIS

Noticed already some years ago, but now - since I fly mainly online on PilotEdge - it is quite obvious: The letter code of the ATIS message is different in AS16 (and ASN) on 122.0 compared to the internal P3D radio message when the airport ATIS frequency is tuned in. Simulator and AS16 are both set to realtime of course. The code differs significantly, for instance it might be "Hotel" on AS16 and "Whiskey" in P3D. Now...which one should be reported to the ATC system...?

AS runs on your PC , Pilot Edge must have the same SIM as you in MP so I think the P3D ATIS is the one to use..

Have you asked the PE ATC for advise?

Jorge

You can use whatever letter you want, as the controller simply doesn't care (PE pilot here myself). He doesn't see what ATIS code your sim is reporting. You can even fly with clear skies in the sim and just inform ATC that you have information hotel (or foxtorott, or whatever you like), as long as you have set the baro according to your sim's weather.

In contrast to the real world, there simply is no right (or wrong) ATIS code. At least as long as PE hasn't started an own ATIS system.

There are many threads about this in the PE forums. I often fly with custom weather or even clear skies (if I just want to enjoy VFR scenery), and never had any problems due to this while flying on PE. The controller will see me at the right altitude, as long as I have set the baro to the sims QNH.

All that being said: The "semi-official" ATIS and the current codes which most of the controllers and pilots use can always be seen (ans listened to) here, during operating hours: http://myflightroute.com/atisplay.php

• Upvote 1