theskyisthelimit

Massive jitter and spikes with ch flight yoke? Or replace with another brand..

It might just be that my yoke has finally bit the dust.. however, i'm plagued with constant calibration or lack there of with the ch yoke in xp11r1..

The roll axis in particular.. usually i have to click "accept axis" because it doesnt move the bar to the full extent.. or if you just sit there holding it to the right watching the level.. it will suddenly spike right.

I thought i had stabilized it with a usb 3.0 port on the front of my machine.. then i decided to move the wire because it was convenient or long enough.. i tried 4 ports on the back, ranging from a dedicated usb 3.0 card, to built in usb 3.0, to usb 2.0 .. all the same.. massive random spikes even after calibration no matter what port (and none on a powered or passive hub either).  In usb controllers in windows 10 creators edition, i'm really not seeing the spiking i'm seeing in Xplane though (i dont use the ch control center either)

So i'm thinking the "luck" i had with the front usb was just luck for one 1 hour evening session and that the pot inside the yoke may have gone, or whatever mechanism it uses?

Any thoughts or suggestions?  (I started looking at replacement options like Saitek and the prices are bit crazy, upwards of $180 for a new one, $140 used, i think pz44 but not positive).

Thanks in advance

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!