Sign in to follow this  
johnfo

Hard Drive Folder Locations

Hey guys 

I'm using FSX:SE & have this game installed on my D drive. However, I have noticed that my .cfg file is located on my C drive (obv different to where my game is installed through steam).

My question is: does this have any impact on my game, so for example if I make a change to my .cfg folder in the C drive such as affinity mask etc.. will these changes still be effective in my game? Not too sure if having the game installed on one hard drive matters if some folders are in my other hard drive. 

Thanks

J.  

The location of the config will not affect how it's used.  Just make sure you edit the .cfg and not the

.cfg.txt!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thank you for the reply. 

I actually think I have added a few lines of text to the .cfg.txt file. 

should I just delete these lines and press save?

7 minutes ago, JOHNFO said:

Thank you for the reply. 

I actually think I have added a few lines of text to the .cfg.txt file. 

should I just delete these lines and press save?

Probably doesn't matter.  The .cfg.txt file is not used by anything in the Sim.  If those lines were not added to the .cfg file, then add them there.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Yes, I have just researched a little about the .cfg.txt file and found that it is to do with error reporting. I shall delete this. 

Thanks again for the reply on this topic. By the way, do you or anyone else for that matter, know if I have REX textures installed such as airports Hd or the steam REX weather & I then download some freeware scenery, what happens? 
For Example:
I have the REX Airport HD textures installed, if I then download a freeware airport scenery which scenery will be visible in the sim? Will there be any conflict between the two?