Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Extremely weird problem with FS9 and PowerDVD

I started my flight, got to the cruise, nothing else to do on 9 and half hour cruise, but watch a movie. So I put the DVD in, start, and after approx half an hour (or more or less), computer gets a BSOD, with ativvaxx.dll fault. And that happens EVERY time I simultaneously watch a DVD and fly in FS9 (and it never happens at once when I start PowerDVD, just after some time). I didn't try another DVD software. And no, it's not overheating, I checked that.But has ANYONE heard of this problem?

Yes, I've had the same problem. I haven't tried PowerDVD 6 but I had no luck at all with PowerDVD 5. I never did find out what caused the BSOD's (could have just been a driver issue). I switched to InterVideo's WinDVD 6 and haven't had a problem since.Doug

It didn't crash yesterday after watching rest one and half hours of the movie, but I turned off Hardware Acceleration in the preferences. Maybe it's that? WinDVD I find utterly sucky, and PowerDVD is much much better. Better interface, faster, and also better looking :-)