Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaptainCrunch

TrackIR Eyepoint / Zoom Keys

HelloI noticed in a few TrackIR threads that some folks are having problems getting a good position in the cockpit.I have seen mentioned that you can move in/out using the Zoom keysZoom In = Shift +Zoom out= Shift -This is really to set your view of the outside world, your focal length in other words.Once you have this set to your liking then you can alter your eyepoint independently to this usingEyepoint Forward = Control backspaceEyepoint Back = Control EnterEyepoint Up = Shift EnterEyepoint Down = Shift BackspaceEyepoint Left = Control shift BackspaceEyepoint Right = Control Shift EnterHope this helps new trackIR users to get a comfortable position set upApologies to those already knowing this.

Guest Logan826

Thanks Maddog. This was a big help. I'm sure it's in the online manual, but I, for one, haven't read the whole thing. Typical male.Thanks again, Dan

Yeah, altering view position and zoom works as it always has with the commands written above. I personally enjoy using a zoom of about .85 - it gives good perspective letting you see more and isn't too "fisheye" for me. Best,Owen

Guest CaptainCrunch

This sounds very useful! Thanks for posting. I'm going to try mapping these keys to a hat on my HOTAS. That should really make a big difference.I had another idea that I posted at the Natural Point forums: head position "memory". I've been playing PMDG 747 alot lately. It has a fully 3D modelled cockpit and as you can imagine, TrackIR really helps. The simulation contains many switch panels above and to the sides, which require you to twist you head in odd ways and then hold it steady while you flip switches and push buttons. Unfortunately, this is a bit awkward and I find myself switching to the 2D cockpit alot to manage the aircraft systems instead. Obviously this breaks immersion.The idea I had was for Track IR to allow you to save ~8 preset head positions/orientations. Then when you recall the position via a keypress or two, the virtual head rotates from the current orientation to the recall position (not jumps, smoothly rotates). Pressing the key again, smoothly returns to the current TrackIR orientation.