Sign in to follow this  
johndrago

Default KMCO - AFCAD Issue??

Hi Guys,The other day, I was flying from KLAX to KMCO. All was well with the trip. When I approached KMCO, I was assigned runway 36R (ILS) for landing. All radios were tuned, and all was well. The localizer came alive, and I turned for final. Again, everything looked right.Now for the strange stuff...After I made the turn to final, I clicked my LOC button (PMDG 737), and the plane never locked on the LOC. Instead, the closer I got to the airport, the farther out the LOC moved. I realized that I was actually on course to runway 35, rather than 36R. I disconnected the A/P, and handflew a sidestep to 36R, and landed fine.Once I sidestepped, I was back in alignment with the LOC.So, is there a known issue with KMCO and the AFCAD for that airport?Thanks in advance,JD

I've never heard of this issue and a year and a half ago I did a lot of testing at KMCO.Did the localizer display the ident IOJP or the morse code if the display does not have that capability?But the most important question is does this behavior repeat on every flight or was it a one-time occurence?

>I've never heard of this issue and a year and a half ago I>did a lot of testing at KMCO.>>Did the localizer display the ident IOJP or the morse code if>the display does not have that capability?>>But the most important question is does this behavior repeat>on every flight or was it a one-time occurence?>>Hi Reggie,I'm going to see if it repeats tonight by doing some pattern work around KMCO.Yes to your other question... IOJP does show on the PFD when the localizer comes alive.Thanks,John