Sign in to follow this  
Rebo8

FireFighter X causes crash P3D

My P3D crashes everytime, when I try to drop water with the helicopter. The FPS are going to 0 and the P3D stands still and is not working anymore.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Rebo,

Does this only happen with a helicopter or with every aircraft (= an airplane too)?

-> If it happens with every aircraft, make sure that the FireFighterX effects files have been properly installed.

-> If it is only with the helicopter when almost standing still, then this may be an issue that has been discovered recently and that is being fixed in version 1.79. At certain settings when using a helicopter, too many splash objects are created on the ground, causing the FPS drop. If you feel that this is the case, please send me a message using the contact form on the Lorby website.

Best Reagrds

Hello,

I tried it also with a fixed wing aircraft and that crashes too after activating the smoke system for drop. I believe that it is a problem with the objects and will contact you now.

Best Regards

Hello @ll,

the issue in this case was TacPack running at the same time as FireFighter X.

TacPack seems to react to the objects being dropped from you aircraft when you release retardant in FFX - and this results in a massive loss of FPS for a while (down to 1 FPS).

If you have TacPack, make sure to disable it when you want to fly with FireFighter X.

Best regards