filoux

Esellerate splitpay review

Hello,

I would like to share with the community my feedback about Esellerate as a payee of a well known 320-X addon sold for FSX and P3D platforms, so that other dev can have it in mind before wotking with Esellerate.

For those who don't know what esellerate is, it's a sale provider administrated by Digital River that enables through its SPLITPAY functionality to setup a team of individuals working on a project, without them being part of any company. 

Esellerate pay everyone, every month for the sales realized 2 months earlier, according to percentages (or flat sums) established by the product's Publisher. This can be very fitting for the typical Flight sim developer profile, with a team leader usually working with other people, which is exempted from the burden of making actual payments, maybe different countries, using different currencies and different methods of sending money, etc.

Everybody gets realtime sales stats, so everybody in the team can check sales numbers, since they are provided by a neutral 3rd party (Esellerate). The Split-Pay Payees only need to send their name/address details and banking account info, no papers to be signed.

On the paper Esellerate sounds great and it could be a great platform in absence of problems that can give headaches to developpers.
I noticed one month ago after the release of the P3D version of the 320-X a discrepancy between order IDs details and the detail report provided by their Business Navigator report for the SKU (product).
I warned other members of the team and it turned out that we were all missing our corresponding share of the orders made during the release day of the new version of the addon. As you mau imagin, that particular day is crucial since it's THE day we realize on of the biggest sales volume.
We contacted esellerate the 9th March to receive explanations and after some several exchanges with what seems to be a robot times we finally got this answer the 16th March where they admit the problem :
"Hello,

Thank you for your patience. Occasionally when a new SKU is added to a payee account it can take a few days for the system to update and properly credit the account for orders. It appears that this is the case here. The system had not updated yet when the initial sales for this SKU came through. I did check some later orders for this SKU and your account was properly credited so there should not be issues going forward.

Our accounting department will need to issue a manual credit to your account for these missing orders. Unfortunately this can take some time to complete but should be done within 2 weeks. You will be able to see the credit by running the Account Activity report in Business Navigator. We apologize for this issue and for any inconvenience it may have caused.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Thank you.

Regards,
Eric Petersen
eSellerate Client Services"

Today we are the 14th April and some of the team member including myself still didn't receive the due amount from esellerate, and their support is not responding anymore.

So far the lessons learned from this experience are :

- Esellerate is not a reliable platform, I encourage all payees to cross check sales and payment amount.
- Esellerate is not trustable: they are not honouring their engagements: they announce they will fix within 2 weeks what I consider a major issue and 1 month later it's still not done despite several messages from us.
- Esellerate support is really poor: most of the time you receive a standard bot answer, requiring to literraly spam them to talk to a "human beeing".

From this experience, it seems so far Esellerate considers payees as a sub problem. It's a mistake because it can brake trust, financial stability and motivation within a team leading to business failure.

I really hope they will change their attitude in the short term. If so I will share any improvements with you.

Best regards,

Philippe

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!