Sign in to follow this  
MarkAJ

QOTSII install problems

Just d/l'ed QOTSII and am having install problems. I'm using windows7 and FSX Deluxe Edition.

I'm getting error messages during the install procedure.

Error message No.1:

File Error

The following error occurred on the file 'C:\Program files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center\Product Module 777XSE.dll.'

Access is denied (0x5)

Error message No.2:

Feature transfer error

Feature: FSX Version- Original Microsoft

Distribution Component: Ops Center

File: C:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center\Prod319b.rra

Error: The handle is invalid.

I have used QOTS for fsx since 2011. My hard drive died earlier this month and I lost everything. After getting the hard drive replaced I started re-loading everything and when I went to the PMDG site I saw the new version of QOTSII so I wanted to use that.

Hope someone has a fix for this?

Mark Jankowski

my guess it is  a  uac  issue  since  you  have  installed  it  in the  default  location and not  in its  own root  drive. which most issues  arise,  have  you set  your  uac  to disable  and   run  the install  as  admin

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks Pete, disabled uac and tried install as admin like you suggested. Install seemed to be going well, did not get those errors messages as above, BUT, now getting a different error:

Feature transfer error

Feature: FSX Version - Steam Edition

Component: Ops Center_SE

File:        C:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center\Prod 1738.rra

Error:      The system cannot find the file specified

I tried the installation several times and it always has this error near the end of the install, and not always the same file but always an .rra file cannot be found. I'm not using the Steam Edition of FS, I have the Deluxe Edition on DVD. Are these files possibly not in my FSX copy?

I noticed the PMDG Operations Center is installed in my programs list. I opened it and checked for and updated the Ops Center. However, the PMDG aircraft do not show up in my aircraft list, just the default aircraft.

Mark Jankowski

When you ran the installer, I think it gave you an option to pick which version you wanted to install it for. You didn't inadvertently select it to install in both FSX boxed AND Steam, did you?

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Kevin, thanks for the reply. There was no option listed in the installer. However, I found that one of my malware detection programs was blocking the install of those .rra files as threats. After disabling the detection it allowed the files and the install worked to completion. YAY! So hopefully all is resolved. Thanks for the help all...

Mark Jankowski