So I'm coming here in hopes that someone can better assist me. My old co worker built the computer im using and the original build only had a 250gb SSD. I went out and bought a crucial mx300 525gb SSD and am trying to install it. I have run into a bit of a snag as you can see in the photos which raises my question of concerns. The power cable that runs from the power supply to the 250 SSD has two SATA connections, one being to the 250 other is probably couple inches away, and this is where I run into my issue...I can't mount the 500 because of how close that second SATA connector is. I also considered using the mount I have which can double stack them(which also came with a handy power cable I can't even use because it doesn't connect to anything, it's a 4 prong and there is no slot on my power supply), but I can't stack them bc it sits extremely snug to my mini asus gtx 960 on the fan side. So really I have a question and a request, my question is where I circled in the picture can that be "undone" to move it further apart? Don't want to get too aggressive with it and it break, not sure if that's how this power cable works. My request is, seeing the first image, how would you install a second SSD?

https://ibb.co/ioJzrQ
https://ibb.co/dSVqy5

Not sure why it's not letting me add image by URL but there are the links. Lastly, thank you for any help!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I had a similar problem. The easiest way is just to get a short extension for the power cable - any computer/electronics store should sell one very cheaply. I would avoid trying to modify the existing cable as that's just asking for problems further down the line.

Incidentally, in the first image, the holes in the case to the left of the SSD look as if they're for a removable drive mount which would probably solve your problem.