Sign in to follow this  
Daedalus

A small tip for fullscreen toggle CTDs [Win10]

Hi all,

Attention! This is not something new, probably many of you do it already. I just discovered it recently and felt stupid for not doing so before. So, whats the issue.. I use Prepar3D and once i a while I would get a CTD when switching between full screen and window mode. Especially when the memory was loaded a lot, sometimes I was getting a black screen and CTD, or the known nvidia 'hang' error in P3D. Its not that it was often, but it could happen once in a while and everyone knows how annoying it is.

Seems, I have now found a way to avoid at all exiting the full screen mode and so risking a crash like this.

So, what I do, is create in Win10 a new desktop, which you can transfer into using Ctrl+Win+Left/Right. I run the sim in the new dekstop along with all related software. Then holding Alt I can access the menu bar in P3D and if you want to access the Taskbar (for sim related software) you can use the toggle for Chaseplane or Ezdok interface, if you use one of them. Of course you have now more than one desktop to use for your other computer uses while you fly. Besides, you transfer to your flight with the speed of a shortcut. It's so fast that I stopped using a second monitor for maps and traffic monitoring too.

And, you avoid exiting the full-screen mode during a flight completely.

Again, not something new, but for people who haven't thought of this solution it might be a savior!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!