Sign in to follow this  
gboz

V5, Buttkicker config window opens every time.

Is it normal for the first Buttkicker config window to open every time OpusFSI V5 opens?
I mean the one where you enable any of three possible Buttkickers
I do have a Buttkicker configured and up and running but I don't see the point of having to close this window every time.

Thanks
gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Yes. Just minimise it. In v5 the ButtKicker control software has been separated out and put into its own control program. It is still supervised by the server program which feeds it all the data. However, the BK software can no longer affect the server programs operation. The form you see is the main form of the new control program, it should remember it's minimised state.

Stephen

An extract from our v5 description in SimForums ...

All ButtKicker audio control has been removed from the server programs and placed in a separate FSIBKCTRL.EXE ButtKicker Control program. The new FSIBKCTRL.EXE program has been upgraded to DotNet 3.5 standard. The FSIBKCTRL program is activated and supervised by the FSX or P3D SERVER programs in a similar manner to the current FSITRACKIR.EXE program. This upgrade removes the burden of audio control and using the fragile Microsoft 'wdmaud' audio driver from within the FSX and P3D SERVER programs. It also allows the current DotNet 3.5 and a future DotNet 4.6 upgrade to be used in both FSX and P3D simulator modes.

The state, options, size, and position of the FSIBKCTRL Spy window is saved on program exit and restored on restart. Different coloured text is used to differentiate between the various control actions and audio channels. The Spy buffer is cleared automatically after 30 minutes.

Stephen

10 hours ago, Opus Software said:

The form you see is the main form of the new control program, it should remember it's minimised state.

Ok thanks,

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.