Sign in to follow this  
ghaithgarraouia

Weather at destination

Hello simmers,

I have a question about the flight plan weather in Prepar3d v3. 

Let's say I've made a flight plan in OpusFSI. I prefer to inject the flight plan weather into P3d when in the gate and then close OpusFSI completely.

By doing so, does the weather at my destination correspond to the destination airport metar at the moment of the weather injection? In other words, will I find the right weather (the destination metar at the moment of weather update before closing OpusFSI) when I arrive at the destination airport?

I ask because when checking the destination airport weather in the P3d own map, it doesn't seem to correspond with the metar. I want to close OpusFSI after injecting the flight plan weather because I don't want other software to be running in the background when flying.

Thank you!

You should never shutdown OpusFSI. The weather capabilities in the sim are quite limited so unless you are about to fly a relatively short hop and the OpusFSI Destination weather report includes the (Actual) tag your destination weather will not reflect the current weather. This is down to the limitations and inability of the sim to store detailed weather over large areas.

This is the reason why it's important to specify your Destination to OpusFSI and let OpusFSI Live Weather Engine update, refresh and maintain the 'in sim' weather while you fly along.

See our Recommended Practices.

Regards

Stephen

You should also be aware of one of the many P3D bugs. It is not possible to update weather remotely using METAR injection as the flawed P3D weather interpolation will corrupt the local injected weather.

you must therefore use the OpusFSI LWA Map and wait until the destination is within the OpusFSI weather region. Use the OpusFSI Destination weather report. It should report (Actual) after any weather update once within 200+ km.

Stephen