Sign in to follow this  
sonhospa1

Instancebased Cameras - What's The Secret?

Hello,

I've added some new fixed position cameras at the end of a few runways to the camera.cfg file, which give a nice experience such as a plane spotter has. The problem is that, configured as normal cameras, they are active and available in the menu all the time - even when flying on the other end of the world. With a lot of guessing involved, I copied an entry for setting up an instance based camera (e.g. the runway cameras that only show up when you're in the area / "Runway" from cameras.cfg), edited a little and hoped they would work... which turned out to be an illusion. The section I copied for editing was "Facilities - Runway", btw.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any good information on the topic for days now. I found that I need to set a "Targetcategory=..." and that I can limit the range beyond which the camera isn't shown in the menu anymore ("CycleHideRadius=..."). But something must be missing - they don't show up in the menu whatever I do.

Do you, by any chance, know details about instance based cameras... or where to find good information on the issue? Or maybe I'm on a wrong track for reaching my goal, anyway????

Thank you for any hints and advice,

Mick