Sign in to follow this  
joepoway

767 North America Skins Question

I just purchased the 767 North America skins package for my new Flight Factor 767-300ER using X Plane 11 and the repaints work fine when I select and launch the aircraft. However none of the new 9 liveries i.e. Aeromexico, Air Canada, Southwest etc... have the 767-300ER_xp11_icon11.png or 767-300ER_xp11_icon11.thumb.png files in their folders.

I believe these 2 picture files are used to show the aircraft preview in the aircraft selection windows of X Plane 11 so you can see the aircraft before you select it. So instead you are presented with a question mark (?). The aircraft that came with the Flight Factor 767-300ER all have the 2 picture files in their folders and therefore in the aircraft selection window at start-up you can see the AA, WestJet, British Airways etc... aircraft's depiction to select from. Do these add-on packages not include the picture depictions?

Also I should note that in my main aircraft selection page there are 2 windows for the Boeing 767-300PW one has the last aircraft depiction I was flying (as long as it wasn't one of the new add on skins) say AA but the duplicate window has a greyed out aircraft with a question mark (?). When I select that aircraft window and use the drop down for the liveries they all show but with no previews for any of them not even the original aircraft and if I launch one of those, X Plane crashes due to incompatible aircraft files. This was how the selection windows looked when I installed my 767-300ER (that is 2 identical Boeing 767-300PW windows one with a preview and one with a question mark) before I installed the add on skins. So I'm not sure what's causing that because there is no other 767 aircraft in the aircraft folder.

So basically I have 2 questions:

1st -  Why the 2 Boeing 767-300PW windows in my aircraft selection menu?

2nd -  Why no preview picture files and only question marks for the 9 new 767 North America add on package?

Thanks in advance

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

1)There's two because the plane comes with two .acf files, one for XP10 and one for XP11. XP10 is just '767-300ER.acf' while XP11 is named 767-300ER_xp11.acf. You can delete the XP10 acf file from your aircraft folder if you don't think you'll be using it to get rid of the extra selection window.

2)There are no thumbnails because those livery packages were created before XP11 came out when thumbnail images weren't used, and evidently haven't been updated yet. To generate new thumbnails, select the 767, start a flight, then go into the Flight Configuration menu, then click 'customize' on the 767's panel.You'll see a button labeled "Generate Icons". Press it and let the process run for a few minutes, and you'll have new thumbnails. Alternatively, you can drop your own images (of the same format and dimensions as other thumbnails) into each livery's folder, but that's a bit time consuming. 

Also, the liveries included in those packages are really, really subpar. There are many available to download for free from forums.x-plane.org that cover most of what you'll find in the packages for sale. 

Thanks so much for your detailed reply!

Both your suggestions worked flawlessly and I will look into liveries as you suggested, I am particularly interested in Southwest and United for the 767-300ER.

I have been flying P3D for years and recently have been trying out X Plane 11 and have found many of the free HD scenery, airport and library additions quite useful. I have to say I have been quite impressed with X Plane so far but still need to learn more about the useful free add-ons.

Thanks again for the help!

Joe

Joe

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

9 minutes ago, joepoway said:

Thanks so much for your detailed reply!

I'll give your suggestions a try and will also look into better liveries, I am particularly interested in Southwest and United for the 767-300ER.

Joe

You're welcome! All 6 liveries worn by the 767 are available:

Saul Bass:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/29980-ff767-300-er-united-rainbow-livery/

Battleship:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/29568-ff767-300-united-battleship-grey-n65oua-livery/

(Rising Blue is included with the plane)

Current:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/29558-ff-767-300-united-current-livery/

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/36001-flight-factor-767-300-united-n643ua-20/

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/29910-ff-boeing-767-300-united-airlines/

Star Alliance old:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/29550-flight-factor-767-300-united-star-alliance-members/

Star Alliance Current:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/30514-ff-b767-300er-united-star-alliance/

The only Southwest paint is the one included with the plane or in the North America package (can't remember which). I encourage you to make an "org" account if you haven't already and search the archives... the 767 is a popular plane so there's more repaints than you'll know what to do with. 

Great

Thanks again and I do have an account and am on it now!

Joe