Sign in to follow this  
Forrest1974

Stutters and Freezes

Goodevening all,

After the last update of Chaseplane when I start FSX and Chaseplane and I want to pan the camera it stutters, freezes for 30 seconds, stutters and freezes again. I did do a reinstall of Chaseplane and reboot of my pc but no solution.

My specs are as following:

• Intel Core i5 6500 @ 3.20GHz
  • 16 GB DDR4 RAM
  • ASRock H110M-HDV
  • 8192MB ATI Radeon RX 480 Graphics (XFX Pine Group)
  • 931GB Seagate SATA 3
  • FSX + DX10 Preview ( tried without DX10 Preview same issue)
  • PMDG 747 - 777
  • FSLABS A320
  • WIN10 Anniversary Edition 64 Bit

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Peter B.

Edited by Forrest1974

I'm having same kind of issue.

I think/hope they're working on this. In the meantime, if you use only the CP interface to change the camera, it's better. Also, exiting and restarting CP while running the simulator seems to 'reset' things and helps too.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Hi,

Just did do a testrun started FSX and also Chaseplane, stutters and freezes. Restart Chaseplane with FSX running and for the moment issue solved very strange.

Thanks for the tip will test further.

Regards,

Peter B.

You're welcome.

This is, perhaps, why it's called an Alpha product. They can try stuff out and if it's not so hot of a change, well..we were warned.

I'm sure this will get sorted at some point soon.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Hi,

Did a complete flight without any stutters our freeze. Important is when FSX and Chaseplane are started to close chaseplane with FSX open and restart and no issues after that.

Regards,

Peter

Super. Glad to hear it.

Richard Chafey

MSFS 2020, DCS

Hi,

So this morning I tried again but the issue is there anymore. My last steps where yesterday reinstall Chaseplane, reset control assignments, restart. Start FSX + Chaseplane then I had stutters and freezes. After advice I restarted Chaseplane with FSX running no stutters and freezes. This morning I did do a test as you requested and FSX + Chaseplane started up and no stutters our freezing everything normal. My version of of Chaseplane is V0.2.36 Alpha Exp. For now it seems to be solved with above steps.

Other thing when using DX10 preview and in full screen when using middle mouse button I do not see the menu only in Window mode. Without DX10 preview no issue in full screen.

Thanks for the great software.

Kind regards,

Peter B.

Edited by Forrest1974