Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Orlaam

Airports - Performance

3 posts in this topic

What are the overall performance patterns for the individual FTX airports that cost individually?  IOW, I use the freeware NA pack with FTX Global and OpenLC.  I fly the RealAir Duke into these often and it's fine.  So are KSEZ and others like it on par performance wise or do they pose more of a hit? 

I already know I can't install 3rd party airports that would accept the PMDG aircraft.  My performance in those birds in acceptable but stuttery at times in places like LAX and SFO.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have the FTX Global NA aircraft pack and notice that some of the airports have more FPS impact than others but all are acceptable for GA flying. I speculate it depends on what techniques were used to make the different airports. I also have KTEX, KSEZ, KMRY and have no problem with these in Global with GA aircraft either. It seems the airports that are closer to large metropolitan areas have the biggest impact on FPS so it seems it has more to do with all the scenery in the metropolitan areas. This also occurs with the default scenery.

Ted 

Well I'll take the plunge since they're on sale. Thx.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0