Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tophatter

ATC on headset

Hi Alex, There isn't a way to do that with FS ATC but like you I wanted my ATC in a headseat and my engine sounds on my pc speakers. I accomplished this by using the ATC program Radar Contact on a networked computer via WideFS. Not only is Radar contact a much more accurate ATC program but having ATC speak to me on my headphones and having the engine and other cockpit noises coming from the pc speakers adds just a touch more realism to my flight sim experience.Will

Guest tdragger

You should ask your question in the FSX forum. ;)

Guest vrandar

>Short answer is no. All in-game sound is piped to the same>audio output source.>>GaryBut with online flight with VATSIM and using Squawkbox3 the answer is a resounding yes providing you have a USB headset like the Plantronics DSP500. It works very well indeed.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest rvroman

You can do this with any headset you want when flying online using a second soundcard. Just choose the second sound card as the input/output device for your communication program (i.e. AVC). You then get ATC through the headset and all the engine sounds from FS through the speakers. Unfortunately, as others have stated) it cannot be done with standard FS ATC.Robert

Guest Tophatter

GoFlight does a decent job with their ATC unit. It seperates the voice and feeds it through the headset, though every now and then some of the other sounds may leak through. The ATC still plays through the speakers with the other sounds but with mostly just ATC coming through the headsets it is about the best you'll be able to get within the limits of FS. It adds to the realism.Bud