Sign in to follow this  
RogerPotie

Voice Control Finally Helping Me

Hello,Just a sim pilot here but I am really trying to learn to fly the sim correctly. I am using Radar Contact 4 all of the time now and also AV6 for weather. A few days ago I crashed my 182 on approach to KMYR in a really furious wind situation at night. I got so busy trying to change screens, tune ILS etc that I lost it and went in! It got me thinking after review that I had my head in the cockpit too much and lost a lot of eye contact with the situation. It may not be the real answer in real flight but I went back to using my Voice Buddy (version 3) for Flight Sim. Sort of like a co-pilot. No more mouse for screen switches - like GPS, radios, etc.What a difference for me!. I can now control all of my functionality in the cockpit and still keep an eye out of the situation. I gave up on Voice Buddy after V2.5 and went back to it on a whim. I use it in RC4 to control responses only. I do all of the tuning my self with a GOFLIGHT system.Anyway, just a word of praise for the Voice Buddy 3.0 system. My response from the recognition has to be near 100%. I use a new Plantronics headset and the mike works great.Hope this helps someone else - Ron SagelNEAR KCHS

Talking about changing screens, I bought last week a second screen. One on sale. Boy this also makes a difference when trying to keep an eye on different screens.

Roger

See my specs in my profile