Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[20JUL17] Most Current Information on P3D v4 Availability and Conversions for P3D product lines

Captains,

This thread will keep you up-to-date on our progress and expectations toward the release of each of our Prepar3D v4 compatibility updates.  I am going to keep this thread locked, and I will be updating it as information changes.  You can check back with this thread to know what the most current information and expectations are. 

Let me translate that again to make sure it is clear:  As we progress through releasing each of our Prepar3D v4 updates, we will be keeping you up-to-date on progress in this thread.  The information will change and will be updated new information and expectations become available.

Please note that testing for market suitability has only just begun, since our beta tester and technical tester teams only gained access to Prepar3D v4 today at the same time you gained access... 

PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II:

• This product has been released for Prepar3D v3 and Prepar3D v4

PMDG 777-200LR/F:

PMDG 777-300ER Expansion:

PMDG 737NGX:

• This product has been released for Prepar3D v3 and Prepar3D v4.

PMDG 737-600/700 Expansion:

• This product is expected to release on/before 31JUL.  (see note in other announcement.)

PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster:

• This product has released.

PMDG Operations Center:

• The OC will update a number of times during this process.  If it tells you to update, we recommend doing so.
  • The appearance of a product module for a Prepar3D v4 compatible PMDG product within the operations center will normally happen prior to the product release.  This is normal, please do not let it confuse you.  Check here for official release announcements.

How and When:

We are putting a tremendous amount of effort into making the transition between Prepar3D v3 and Prepar3D v4 as simple and effortless as possible.  When the product is ready for release, we will simply instruct you to re-download it from your account at our eCommerce site.  (Aerosoft customers will get their copy from Aerosoft... but it will lag a day or two...)

The Prepar3D v3 and Prepar3D v4 will be contained within the same installer, similarly to how we deliver FSX/FSX-SE in the same installer.

There is no free transition/upgrade pricing between FSX and Prepar3D as these are different product lines.

• Upvote 31

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Gents,

I removed all sub-posting from this thread because the original intent was to lock it and keep it empty in the first place.  A quick note of thanks to those of you who offered their praise to the PMDG team for our ongoing efforts to get you P3D v4 compatible product updates...   We appreciate the kind words- we really do.  The team is working around-the-clock right now and has been for the better part of a week just on these processes.

Back to this thread: I removed all of the extra posts because the original point of this thread is to provide a concise, uncluttered location for folks to get the most common questions answered- and I didn't want it to become a victim of random observations about people's buying decisions, accusations that I am an unsympathetic listener, long and well articulated treatise on our pricing mechanisms and why any individual poster shouldn't be held responsible for the fact that he never actually read them, requests for additional mayo packets in the PMDG lunch room, or further complaints about the music selection playing from my iTunes feed while I code...

:cool:

Now back to testing installer mechanisms....

• Upvote 16

Gents,

On 23JUN17 I have updated the release timeline expectations for the Prepar3D v4 compatible 77W, and I have widened the expected release window for the NGX.

NGX is a VERY old product- and it's x64 gestation has taken a bit longer than we expected.  The good news is that we anticipate having it mostly ready for testing next week... finally... 

• Upvote 23