Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

Real air Turbine Duke V2 installation

I bought this for FSX and have the installer.  Is this cross compatible with P3D or do I need a P3D dedicated installer?  Obviously Realair is no more so that is a problem if I do.

Thanks

Sid

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

18 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Is this cross compatible with P3D or do I need a P3D dedicated installer?

RealAir sold separate FSX and P3D versions of the DukeV2 so legally I guess you do
unless there is a "use in other sims at your own risk" clause in the fine print somewhere.

gb.

If we do not care about EULA and so... technically it is possible to move FSX T. Duke into P3D.

You need instal it into FSX and copy files or with migration tool to P3D directly (I prefer place it outside sim folder and make propher entries in effects and simobjects cfg files), then in gauge folder you find RAS_something.gau file which is sound gauge and in FSX version it is not compatible with P3D, You have to download new version from authors website:  dsd_fsx_xml_sound, v5.2.0 and replace old gauge with new one (keep original RAS... filename)

That is applicable for P3D v2 and v3, but not for v4. In v4 you will miss sounds played by that gauge - button/switches, gear, flaps, speedbrakes (legacy), wind sonds... Hope that author will make new 64bit version of that gauge for full function of RA Dukes and Legacy in P3Dv4.