Sign in to follow this  
apollomaker

A V4 Newbie Questions

Hello All --- well, it is great that V4 is a reality and my head is still spinning. I have read much already posted and came up with a list of assumptions. Comments and feedback much appreciated.

1. P3DV4 can be installed completely separate from V3 and operated as such.

2. V4 is compatible with previous 32-bit add-ons as long as they do not modify V4 *.cfg files with non-UTF-8 characters.

3. Looks like we will be waiting for many new installers for V4.

Wow, I just ordered a GTX1070+8GB vid card --- just in time  :laugh:  Appreciate any comments ---- Thanks ---- Bob

1. yes true

2. that i cant answer completely, but I can tell you that most of the FSX freeware planes working. Same with Sounds and Textures. Most of the Gauges doesnt work anymore. Specially if it comes to payware, they often using Gauges for copyright reasons or implement special effects. For example Carenado King Air 350i is completely broken and my universal "Alt Callout" Gauge from good old FS9 too :P

3. Old stuff such as Gauges will never work again I assume and most of the stuff will never get updated. But sure popular addons who show a decent support over the last month/years will do updates 4 free.

Hey Nytro --- thanks for the comments. Well, I guess we are stuck with a major genesis in switching from 32 to 64 bits. I just hope that major investments like lots of Orbx scenery and PMDG aircraft, for example, are not wasted. It will take time I guess which will give us time to study the impact and make hardware and software adjustments accordingly. It will take LM time to tune the product as well. Anyway, we are off and running  :biggrin:

Cheers!!!