Sign in to follow this  
Albin

Is there any microstutters in V4?

Microstutters, a common problem in p3d but are there any in V4. I liked to hear what you seen so far. I'am tired of microstutters and hate it. So hope they fixed it

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

On 02/06/2017 at 3:34 AM, Albin said:

Microstutters, a common problem in p3d but are there any in V4. I liked to hear what you seen so far. I'am tired of microstutters and hate it. So hope they fixed it

Yes I get them if I do not use VSync plus unlimited.
They are not as noticeable as in V3 though.

gb.

It's pretty good, but you'll still see them if you look out the side window while in a turn.

I concur with the other responders, V4 is vastly improved over v3 if you have your v-sync set up correctly for your hardware.  Panning is very noticeably smoother with Trackir.

For my G Sync monitor, with G Sync set to on (very desirable) I ensure V sync is off both in the sim and in the Nvidia Control Panel, and unlimited frames in the sim.  G Sync does seem to work very well with this set up.  My fps can even dip down into the 30's and still look quite smooth.  I never could get the most out of G Sync with v3.

(I also have Affinity Mask set to 85 in the cfg file like I did in v3, as I feel like my Skylake is handling simultaneous running add-ons - Trackir, AS16/ASCA, spad.next - better with P3D running only on the physical cores.  But I have not measured anything in a controlled manner, it is just a qualitative observation at this point.)

I get some pretty bad stutters even with a rock solid 25 FPS that I'm still working on fixing.  I'm going to completely disable AI and work on getting it smoothed out from there.  My V3 setup had the same settings and was perfectly smooth (25hz monitor and vsync) but V4 gives stutters.  They are more noticeable when looking out of the side window for sure which is something I didn't pick up on previously.  I'm going to update my drivers to the latest and see if that helps as well.