Sign in to follow this  
Bluescaster

Is this true about the PSS Concord???

Donny, a very interesting post.... and somewhat thought provoking:-) Although I go back to Sublogic days and further!! I've never tried Fly or Fly II. Are they perchance still available do you know? I'm aware that some older programs enjoyed a renewed lease of life on the "economy counter" with kids games. Just a though as I'd like to at least have a looksee:-)Regards Blue

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!Will send e-mail if it's enabled.:-wave

> Ain't it funny that Microsoft made the same>mistake FLY did not having gyros linked to the master switch>and insisting in the manual that in the real world gyros are>only powered by vaccuum? Actually they are called>ELECTROmechanical gyros because they have a dual power source.Just wondering, what aircraft you're referring to, since many real world gyro's are only powered by vacuum.BTW--- really liked FLY panels, but would never think of getting rid of the RealAir SF260 & Spitfire VC's.L.Adamson

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!The Cesnas and Pipers and aerocommanders I flew or rode in RL all had gyros that ran off juice from the master switch. As part of preflight pilot might switch off master after engine start to confirm vac pump gyro ops. Vaccuum only pumps are available but not the norm. I know some stripped down bush planes have no electrical system to save weitght but otherwise why not have dual gyro systems since as both FLY and FS9 manuals say vac pumps are notoriously unreliable. If I am wrong I will stand corrected but my real world experience with the default aircraft tells me I have never personally been in a vacuum only gyro equipped plane. To answer Bluescaster (couldn't find your profile) the FLY series is OFFICIALLY not available but...:-wave My profile is enabled if you want to send further inquiries.

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!The Cesnas and Pipers and aerocommanders I flew or rode in RL all had gyros that ran off juice from the master switch. As part of preflight pilot might switch off master after engine start to confirm vac pump gyro ops. Vaccuum only pumps are available but not the norm. I know some stripped down bush planes have no electrical system to save weight but otherwise why not have dual gyro systems since as both FLY and FS9 manuals say vac pumps are notoriously unreliable. If I am wrong I will stand corrected but my real world experience with the default aircraft tells me I have never personally been in a vacuum only gyro equipped plane. To answer Bluescaster (couldn't find your profile) the FLY series is OFFICIALLY not available but...:-wave My profile is enabled if you want to send further inquiries.

Unless it's all electric glass panel systems, such as new Diamond DA40's, Cessna 172/182, and others......... vacuum only is the "standard" for the directional gyro & attitude indicators installed in typical Pipers, Cessna's, and many others. The turn & bank is electric, and it's what you'll hear when turning the master on. Electric attitude indicators are also available, but at 2 1/2 times the cost. You will often see an electric attitude indicator installed on the right side panel as a backup, should the vacuum pump fail. Some aircraft, will also have two vacuum pumps, as a backup system.It was through the "long" process of building a Van's RV6A homebuilt/experimental catagory aircraft, that I got aquainted with all the different types of systems. The pic is my plane. Two center gauges are vac, and the turn is elec. L.Adamson

Hi "L.Adamson", (and ALL ) that's a real pretty panel..... and home built too! Lovely, you're obviously quite a craftsman. My last hobby seat was a "Luton Minor" - in that pitot static was hi tech!!! (The "standard" stuff, i.e. low tech, was pencil and watch:-) )In any event it was a real experience and certainly kept you on your mettle.Regards, Blue.