Sign in to follow this  
Guest IanP

Fat Albert C130.....what's the verdict?

Don't get me wrong, but is anyone really interested in this UGLY AIRBUS? Of all the planes out there that I would like to have in my stable, this is NOT one of them. It's Ugly, in my opinion, and even if it was freeware, I probably wouldn't fly it much. Did Captain Sim think this was a plane that us simmers would love to fly frequently?Sorry....I'm being mean...don't mean to be...but c'mon, there are so many planes I would love to have BEFORE FsX debuts.

Although I have now ordered the CS C-130 from 'www.play.com for

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest MarkM

>Don't get me wrong, but is anyone really interested in this>UGLY AIRBUS? Of all the planes out there that I would like to>have in my stable, this is NOT one of them. It's Ugly, in my>opinion, and even if it was freeware, I probably wouldn't fly>it much. Did Captain Sim think this was a plane that us>simmers would love to fly frequently?>Sorry....I'm being mean...don't mean to be...but c'mon, there>are so many planes I would love to have BEFORE FsX debuts.:) Actually it's just your opinion. It just depends on your preference. As I've read in review here http://reheat.org/content.php?review.28 'The C-130 is not the most beautiful of aircraft. It

Guest IanP

I'd personally say that the C130 is very much a far from spent force. The C17 the way to go? Watch the order numbers for the USAF dwindle as the costs go up, the same as everything else. Most air forces currently running fleets of C130s couldn't afford a single C17, which has neither the rough strip capability or short field capability that the C130 has and therefore probably wouldn't fulfil the forces' requirements anyway! ;-)Let me know when you see an AC-17 gunship, a C17 on floats or a third as many C17s flying as there are C130s, please... Incidentally, Airbus Industrie are still marketing a C130 competitor in the A400, not a C17 competitor. If they saw a market opportunity for such an aircraft, you can be sure they'd be pitching something at it.One of the nice things about FS is that you get to choose what you do and don't fly. There are people who insist on full glass cockpits and FMCs before they will fly an airliner, there are also people who call them "soulless tubes" and will only fly Connies, DC-6s or Vickers Vikings.You're welcome to not want to fly a Herc, a lot of people seem to be enjoying both the freeware and commercially available ones. Ain't FS great? :-hahIan P.