Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

I have VulcanRT installed..and am now finger-tapping!

"C'mon, Laminar...make the switch to this API, and bye-bye OpenGL......all reports say this is the equal of DX12, for games that use DX12!"

Better use of multi-core CPU's   ABOUT TIME!

We're waiting....and it's just sitting there, lonely, in its install folder....tap, tap, tap.....

"Here's the leash XPlane Team, now go out and take it for a walk....it needs some exercise!"

You know Ben Supniks blog don't you? If so - and also read it sometimes - then you might already be aware of the fact, that Laminar definitely has the intention to go this way in the long term ... but might also be aware of the fact that this is no simple "drop in" API, but needs a lot re-designing and adapting in the code to make good use of Vulcan. Things in software development tend to be a bit more complex (and deep) than many other areas of our life :wink: ...

(and tapping tends to make people nervous ... and nervous software engineer can't deliver good results :wink: )

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, alpilotx said:

You know Ben Supniks blog don't you? If so - and also read it sometimes - then you might already be aware of the fact, that Laminar definitely has the intention to go this way in the long term ... but might also be aware of the fact that this is no simple "drop in" API, but needs a lot re-designing and adapting in the code to make good use of Vulcan. Things in software development tend to be a bit more complex (and deep) than many other areas of our life :wink: ...

(and tapping tends to make people nervous ... and nervous software engineer can't deliver good results :wink: )

Morning, Andras!

I know...just 'urging' it to be sooner, than a  'back plate burner' later...

I'm very much looking forward to XP taking on this API.  

...and your commenting on my finger tappings, broke me right up! :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Made the day...I can now go out later, and start scraping the paint (oh joy....) from my window sills (yep, still have wooden window frames, from a century home....)  I'm just very, very excited in what direction, and the 'already direction' that the XP franchise is heading....with my converting to Ortho fly-over's, XP's HDR, the best atmospheric lighting in any sim...all of it....very excited to see XP progress as it has...

It's my #1 sim, now. The others get used regularly, but the first flight, is with XP over H.D. ortho.!

Cheers,

Mitch (the window sill scraper/painter...)

... yeah, I think we can live with the window sill approach ... as long as you avoid Bens, Austions or the other devs windows :laugh:

10 minutes ago, alpilotx said:

... yeah, I think we can live with the window sill approach ... as long as you avoid Bens, Austions or the other devs windows :laugh:

LOL!