Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliffie1931

Is there a realistic Aircraft Carrier add-on?

Guest cliffie1931

I'd like to experience and master Sim. Aircraft Carrier landings.I'd appreciate suggestions for a suitable Carrier add-on available as a download.Cliff

Guest Kingair315

There is an Aircraft Carrier addon on Flightsim.com and it may also be here as well. It has 18 located around the world, with arresting cables, etc.. Id just do a search for it.

Flight Deck III by Abacus is OK...never seen anything but a boxed version though.Bob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

There are two excellent freeware arrestor and launch programs, Cliff, and plenty of freeware carriers. These are the arrestor progs:3wire 3Wire is an Aircraft Carrier Simulation add-on for FS2004 (no support for FS2002). Version 1.0 Features: Launch and recover any aircraft aboard aircraft carriers - Launch holdback - Adjustable forces - Optional require hook down - Cable holdback, raise the hook before taxiing! - Optional steam effect - 8 page operating handbook - Comes ready to use with default and ArrCab carriers - Cable Zone Assistant makes creating new zones easy Requires FSUIPC (reg not required), .NET Framework v1.1 Filename: 3wire_1.0.zip License: Freeware, limited distribution Added: 9th December 2004 Author: Rhys Eddy Size: 504kb This is the one I use: Carrier Operations package V2.0 This freeware archive contains a set of gauges, effects and sounds which you can add to existing military aircraft in FS2004, and enables you to perform takeoff and approach/landing on aircraft carriers. It features: (1): A catapult gauge, enabling a catapult-launch takeoff. (2): An arrester gauge, enabling a cable trap landing. (3): A "meatball" HUD gauge, enabling accurate approaches and landings. (4): A SonicBoom effect (visual and audible) plus controller gauge. Includes extensive installation/usage documentation, with examples for several very popular aircraft. V2.0 of this package contains a large number of additions, like catapult/arrester zones and a revised HUD; for details, see the included file "Upgrade COP V1.1 to V2.0.txt". Filename: rcbco-20.zip License: Freeware, limited distribution Added: 4th January 2005 Author: Rob Barendregt, Doug Dawson, Nick Needham Size: 1483kb A hunt using the right key words will come up with various carriers, including an update of Rich Hogan's ArrCab carriers only the other day. But I'm sure you can look some of this up yourself! :) MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Guest cliffie1931

Thank you for the time you (and the others) have taken to set out this information in such a detailed manner.I appreciate it Mark.Cliff