I used to have OpusFSI and FEX for cloud textures and never had performance issues, now I switched to AS16 and ASCA and I noticed something completely unlogical, with Cirus at 256 DXT and cumulus 512 DXT I get bad stutters in dense airports when I turn while taxiing ( never had this before and frames when driving strait and flying are 30 ( limited in game to 30) ), then I red somewhere that 32bit takes less CPU then DXT for cloud textures so I switched to 1024 32bit for Cirus and cumulus and wonder by wonder, the stutters are as good as gone.

Did someone else notice this to?

Testing scene is Aerosoft Brussels X with AI set to 25% and 5/8 overcast conditions with the iFly737NGX

CPU i5 4670K OC'ed to 4.2GHz, 8 GB RAM 2133 cl -9-11-14-28, GTX760 2GB Video ram and 850Watt PS

Noticed that the GPU uses more memory with 32 bit but doesn't get over 500MB ( DXT it stays around 250MB )

Herman