noname

Prepar 3D v4 - Colors oversaturation

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Looks more like an issue with brightness rather than saturation, on my monitor at least, which is pretty well calibrated. that is to say, all the sceenshots look a bit dark to me.

To be clear on the terminology, there are three factors which affect the appearance of stuff on your monitor. These are: hue, saturation and brightness.

Hue is the wavelength within the visible-light spectrum from a source, in other words, the actual colour, which on an RGB monitor displaying 24 bit colour, amounts to a possible 16,777,216 different colours, however, you and I probably cannot see all of these (depending on whom you talk to) the average male human eye can differentiate between about 11 million different hues, usually women can differentiate between more than that (up to 17 million according to some sources).

Saturation is essentially the purity of a colour, a more saturated colour is more 'purely' the colour in question, a less saturated one will appear washed out and pale looking.

Brightness is how intense the light source of the colour is, ranging over 256 levels for RGB (from 0-255), i.e. from totally dark, through to as bright as possible.

If you need to calibrate your monitor, try this link, which is not quite as good as using a spyder and/or a test card, but it is still fairly good:

http://www.w4zt.com/screen/

21 minutes ago, Chock said:

Looks more like an issue with brightness rather than saturation

Setup for only that set - saturation 1.4:  17495070.jpg  :ha:

PS. I am photographer at least - 60 years and professional gigital photographer - 17 years.)))

Cheers.

PS For setup Brightness:1.00 white clouds in daytime lost light tones.